Electrocuted by iPhone, now in Thailand

Reading Time: 1 minute

iphone chargingJust a few months after a Chinese woman died from an electroshock when answering her iPhone while it was charging, a Thai man was found dead after he was apparently electrocuted while using a smartphone in his home in southern Thailand on November 25, the Bangkok Post reported.

The man was holding an iPhone 4s that was connected to its white charger plugged into a wall outlet when police appeared at the scene. Severe burns were found on the man’s s hand, the one that was grasping the iPhone, and his chest. Investigators believe that he was killed by an electric shock emitted from the phone charger.

The victim’s father said his son let out a yell shortly after he went to bed around 11pm on November 24. He did not pay much attention to it because his son often talked in his sleep. The The next morning, when his son did not appear, he found him dead on his bed, he said.

In July 2013, a young woman from Sydney was hospitalised after being electrocuted using Apple’s iPhone. This incident, the death of the Chinese woman and other reports from countries around the world prompted Apple to “fully investigate” the issue.

Do you like this post?
  • Fascinated
  • Happy
  • Sad
  • Angry
  • Bored
  • Afraid

Reading Time: 1 minute

Just a few months after a Chinese woman died from an electroshock when answering her iPhone while it was charging, a Thai man was found dead after he was apparently electrocuted while using a smartphone in his home in southern Thailand on November 25, the Bangkok Post reported.

Reading Time: 1 minute

iphone chargingJust a few months after a Chinese woman died from an electroshock when answering her iPhone while it was charging, a Thai man was found dead after he was apparently electrocuted while using a smartphone in his home in southern Thailand on November 25, the Bangkok Post reported.

The man was holding an iPhone 4s that was connected to its white charger plugged into a wall outlet when police appeared at the scene. Severe burns were found on the man’s s hand, the one that was grasping the iPhone, and his chest. Investigators believe that he was killed by an electric shock emitted from the phone charger.

The victim’s father said his son let out a yell shortly after he went to bed around 11pm on November 24. He did not pay much attention to it because his son often talked in his sleep. The The next morning, when his son did not appear, he found him dead on his bed, he said.

In July 2013, a young woman from Sydney was hospitalised after being electrocuted using Apple’s iPhone. This incident, the death of the Chinese woman and other reports from countries around the world prompted Apple to “fully investigate” the issue.

Do you like this post?
  • Fascinated
  • Happy
  • Sad
  • Angry
  • Bored
  • Afraid