Search for flight MH370 to be called off for good on May 29

Reading Time: 1 minute

The search for the plane of missing flight Malaysia Airlines MH370 will end on May 29, 2018, which means that the biggest mystery in civil aviation will remain such unless another private company offers assistance to the Malaysian government, which is highly unlikely given the past search history.

New Malaysian Transport Minister Anthony Loke announced on May 23 that US firm Ocean Infinity will give up its so far unsuccessful search for the plane which disappeared more than four years ago carrying 239 people.

Malaysia agreed in January to pay Ocean Infinity up to $92 million if it found the plane during a 90-day search in the southern Indian Ocean. However, no traces of the aircraft and the victims have been detected.

The hunt for the plane was previously expected to end in June, but Ocean Infinity said it has finished scouring its targeted search area in April and had requested an extension until May 29 to wind up the operation.

The announcement was one of Loke’s first actions after being sworn in as minister on May 21. He said the government would release “all details” of a full report on the investigation into MH370’s disappearance after the offshore search was completed.

Meanwhile, more and more experts are leaning towards the possible explanation that the doomed flight was deliberately and methodically abandoned by a pilot, most likely Captain Zahari Amad Shah himself. The view is based on military radar evaluation and flight scenarios found on Zahari’s home computer.

Do you like this post?
  • Fascinated
  • Happy
  • Sad
  • Angry
  • Bored
  • Afraid

Reading Time: 1 minute

The search for the plane of missing flight Malaysia Airlines MH370 will end on May 29, 2018, which means that the biggest mystery in civil aviation will remain such unless another private company offers assistance to the Malaysian government, which is highly unlikely given the past search history.

Reading Time: 1 minute

The search for the plane of missing flight Malaysia Airlines MH370 will end on May 29, 2018, which means that the biggest mystery in civil aviation will remain such unless another private company offers assistance to the Malaysian government, which is highly unlikely given the past search history.

New Malaysian Transport Minister Anthony Loke announced on May 23 that US firm Ocean Infinity will give up its so far unsuccessful search for the plane which disappeared more than four years ago carrying 239 people.

Malaysia agreed in January to pay Ocean Infinity up to $92 million if it found the plane during a 90-day search in the southern Indian Ocean. However, no traces of the aircraft and the victims have been detected.

The hunt for the plane was previously expected to end in June, but Ocean Infinity said it has finished scouring its targeted search area in April and had requested an extension until May 29 to wind up the operation.

The announcement was one of Loke’s first actions after being sworn in as minister on May 21. He said the government would release “all details” of a full report on the investigation into MH370’s disappearance after the offshore search was completed.

Meanwhile, more and more experts are leaning towards the possible explanation that the doomed flight was deliberately and methodically abandoned by a pilot, most likely Captain Zahari Amad Shah himself. The view is based on military radar evaluation and flight scenarios found on Zahari’s home computer.

Do you like this post?
  • Fascinated
  • Happy
  • Sad
  • Angry
  • Bored
  • Afraid