‘Tata SIA Airlines’ gets name approved

Reading Time: 1 minute

Singapore-Airline-TaTaThe proposed aviation venture between the Tata Group and Singapore Airlines has received approval from the Corporate Affairs Ministry of India to use the name ‘Tata SIA Airlines Limited’. According to the latest information available with the ministry, the name has been approved now and the company, Tata SIA Airlines Limited, stands registered from Delhi, the Press Trust of India reported.

The joint venture, Tata SIA Airlines, plans to offer full-service passenger services on domestic and international routes. The new airline is among the first major companies to be incorporated under the new Companies Act, 2013 that came into effect earlier in October. The airline’s brand name is yet to be announced.

Tata Sons Ltd, the holding company of salt-to-software conglomerate Tata group, will hold a 51 per cent stake in the new company, while Singapore Airlines would have the remaining 49 per cent. The two partners are making an initial investment of $100 million to launch the airline, which may take off in 2014 after getting all the clearances required.

They have already sought approval from the Indian Foreign Investment Promotion Board, which was earlier scheduled to take up the proposal on October 18, but the meeting got postponed to October 24. This is a third attempt by the Tatas and Singapore Airlines to enter the Indian civil aviation sector.

In February 2013, the Tatas also announced a partnership with Malaysia’s AirAsia for a low-cost carrier in India, wherein Arun Bhatia’s Telestra Tradeplace is third partner.

Do you like this post?
  • Fascinated
  • Happy
  • Sad
  • Angry
  • Bored
  • Afraid

Reading Time: 1 minute

The proposed aviation venture between the Tata Group and Singapore Airlines has received approval from the Corporate Affairs Ministry of India to use the name ‘Tata SIA Airlines Limited’. According to the latest information available with the ministry, the name has been approved now and the company, Tata SIA Airlines Limited, stands registered from Delhi, the Press Trust of India reported.

Reading Time: 1 minute

Singapore-Airline-TaTaThe proposed aviation venture between the Tata Group and Singapore Airlines has received approval from the Corporate Affairs Ministry of India to use the name ‘Tata SIA Airlines Limited’. According to the latest information available with the ministry, the name has been approved now and the company, Tata SIA Airlines Limited, stands registered from Delhi, the Press Trust of India reported.

The joint venture, Tata SIA Airlines, plans to offer full-service passenger services on domestic and international routes. The new airline is among the first major companies to be incorporated under the new Companies Act, 2013 that came into effect earlier in October. The airline’s brand name is yet to be announced.

Tata Sons Ltd, the holding company of salt-to-software conglomerate Tata group, will hold a 51 per cent stake in the new company, while Singapore Airlines would have the remaining 49 per cent. The two partners are making an initial investment of $100 million to launch the airline, which may take off in 2014 after getting all the clearances required.

They have already sought approval from the Indian Foreign Investment Promotion Board, which was earlier scheduled to take up the proposal on October 18, but the meeting got postponed to October 24. This is a third attempt by the Tatas and Singapore Airlines to enter the Indian civil aviation sector.

In February 2013, the Tatas also announced a partnership with Malaysia’s AirAsia for a low-cost carrier in India, wherein Arun Bhatia’s Telestra Tradeplace is third partner.

Do you like this post?
  • Fascinated
  • Happy
  • Sad
  • Angry
  • Bored
  • Afraid