Thai Central Group in $1.3b expansion

Reading Time: 1 minute
sudhitham
Sudhitham Chirathivat, Executive Chairman, Central Group of Companies

Thailand’s largest retail conglomerate, Central Group of Companies, has allocated $1.3 billion for the next three years to expand domestically and in ASEAN by opening new stores, purchasing commercial property and by mergers and acquisitions, Prin Chirathivat, the company’s chief financial officer, said at a press conference in Bangkok on January 5.

80 per cent of the budget will be used by the two core companies, Central Retail Corporation, the group’s retail operator, and Central Pattana, the property and retail developer listed at the Stock Exchange of Thailand. The remaining 20 per cent will be used to expand the group’s food, hotel and fashion businesses, journalists were told.

Five Robinson Department Stores and 350 FamilyMarts will be added in 2013 along with 90 restaurants and specialty stores. The group will also open its first Central Department Store in Indonesia in 2014 and a new department store in Rome by 2015, with new outlets for its fashion business in the works for Singapore and China. Central Group is also looking for opportunities to open its own restaurant brand in Indonesia, Myanmar and Singapore.

Sudhitham Chirathivat, the group’s executive chairman, said that Central Group has been approached by foreign interests including Singaporean property developers and Hong Kong investors about partnerships in various businesses. Japanese are also interested in joining hands with the group to expand fashion and food operations in ASEAN and specialty store development in Thailand.

Central Group, with its five core businesses being retail operations, property development, hotels, fashion and food, says it expects a turnover in 2013 of $7.83 billion, up by 24 per cent over 2012.

 

 

Do you like this post?
  • Fascinated
  • Happy
  • Sad
  • Angry
  • Bored
  • Afraid

Reading Time: 1 minute

Sudhitham Chirathivat, Executive Chairman, Central Group of Companies

Thailand’s largest retail conglomerate, Central Group of Companies, has allocated $1.3 billion for the next three years to expand domestically and in ASEAN by opening new stores, purchasing commercial property and by mergers and acquisitions, Prin Chirathivat, the company’s chief financial officer, said at a press conference in Bangkok on January 5.

Reading Time: 1 minute

sudhitham
Sudhitham Chirathivat, Executive Chairman, Central Group of Companies

Thailand’s largest retail conglomerate, Central Group of Companies, has allocated $1.3 billion for the next three years to expand domestically and in ASEAN by opening new stores, purchasing commercial property and by mergers and acquisitions, Prin Chirathivat, the company’s chief financial officer, said at a press conference in Bangkok on January 5.

80 per cent of the budget will be used by the two core companies, Central Retail Corporation, the group’s retail operator, and Central Pattana, the property and retail developer listed at the Stock Exchange of Thailand. The remaining 20 per cent will be used to expand the group’s food, hotel and fashion businesses, journalists were told.

Five Robinson Department Stores and 350 FamilyMarts will be added in 2013 along with 90 restaurants and specialty stores. The group will also open its first Central Department Store in Indonesia in 2014 and a new department store in Rome by 2015, with new outlets for its fashion business in the works for Singapore and China. Central Group is also looking for opportunities to open its own restaurant brand in Indonesia, Myanmar and Singapore.

Sudhitham Chirathivat, the group’s executive chairman, said that Central Group has been approached by foreign interests including Singaporean property developers and Hong Kong investors about partnerships in various businesses. Japanese are also interested in joining hands with the group to expand fashion and food operations in ASEAN and specialty store development in Thailand.

Central Group, with its five core businesses being retail operations, property development, hotels, fashion and food, says it expects a turnover in 2013 of $7.83 billion, up by 24 per cent over 2012.

 

 

Do you like this post?
  • Fascinated
  • Happy
  • Sad
  • Angry
  • Bored
  • Afraid