7-Eleven gets ready for Vietnam

7-ElevenThe 7-Eleven chain of convenience stores, under its franchise of Thailand’s CP All food and retail group, will enter the Vietnamese market with the next 60 days, sources say according to a report by VietnamNet.

However, no official statement has been made by CP All. Reportedly, the first shop st shop will open in Ho Chi Minh City’s District 1. The sources said that 40 per cent of the products to be available there would be Vietnamese, while the other 60 per cent would be from Thailand and other countries.

In the first 2 to 3 years in Vietnam, CP All would run the shops before new franchise contracts with Vietnamese partners are signed.

7-Eleven will have to compete with domestic chain Shop & Go, the largest retail chain in the country, currently operating around 100 shops. Other convenience stores are Circle K, Saigon Co.op store system, Hapro, G7 Mart, Mini Stop and B’s Mart (formerly FamilyMart).



Support ASEAN news

Investvine has been a consistent voice in ASEAN news for more than a decade. From breaking news to exclusive interviews with key ASEAN leaders, we have brought you factual and engaging reports – the stories that matter, free of charge.

Like many news organisations, we are striving to survive in an age of reduced advertising and biased journalism. Our mission is to rise above today’s challenges and chart tomorrow’s world with clear, dependable reporting.

Support us now with a donation of your choosing. Your contribution will help us shine a light on important ASEAN stories, reach more people and lift the manifold voices of this dynamic, influential region.

 

 

The 7-Eleven chain of convenience stores, under its franchise of Thailand's CP All food and retail group, will enter the Vietnamese market with the next 60 days, sources say according to a report by VietnamNet. However, no official statement has been made by CP All. Reportedly, the first shop st shop will open in Ho Chi Minh City's District 1. The sources said that 40 per cent of the products to be available there would be Vietnamese, while the other 60 per cent would be from Thailand and other countries. In the first 2 to 3 years in Vietnam, CP...

7-ElevenThe 7-Eleven chain of convenience stores, under its franchise of Thailand’s CP All food and retail group, will enter the Vietnamese market with the next 60 days, sources say according to a report by VietnamNet.

However, no official statement has been made by CP All. Reportedly, the first shop st shop will open in Ho Chi Minh City’s District 1. The sources said that 40 per cent of the products to be available there would be Vietnamese, while the other 60 per cent would be from Thailand and other countries.

In the first 2 to 3 years in Vietnam, CP All would run the shops before new franchise contracts with Vietnamese partners are signed.

7-Eleven will have to compete with domestic chain Shop & Go, the largest retail chain in the country, currently operating around 100 shops. Other convenience stores are Circle K, Saigon Co.op store system, Hapro, G7 Mart, Mini Stop and B’s Mart (formerly FamilyMart).



Support ASEAN news

Investvine has been a consistent voice in ASEAN news for more than a decade. From breaking news to exclusive interviews with key ASEAN leaders, we have brought you factual and engaging reports – the stories that matter, free of charge.

Like many news organisations, we are striving to survive in an age of reduced advertising and biased journalism. Our mission is to rise above today’s challenges and chart tomorrow’s world with clear, dependable reporting.

Support us now with a donation of your choosing. Your contribution will help us shine a light on important ASEAN stories, reach more people and lift the manifold voices of this dynamic, influential region.

 

 

NO COMMENTS

Leave a Reply