Korea, Japan to build $1.5b power plant in Vietnam

coalState-owned Electricity of Vietnam, or EVN, has awarded a $1.5 billion contract to a consortium of South Korea’s Doosan Corp. and Japan’s Mitsubishi Corp., together with two local firms, to build a coal-fired power plant in southern Vietnam.

Construction of the 1,200-megawatt Vinh Tan 4 plant in Binh Thuan province will begin in the first quarter of 2014 and is scheduled for completion by the end of 2017, EVN said in a statement on December 23. The consortium will be responsible for designing, purchasing equipment and building the plant 250 kilometers north of Ho Chi Minh City, which will use imported coal, EVN said.

It added that 85 per cent of construction costs will be funded by loans from Korea Eximbank, Korea Trade Insurance Corp. and the Japan Bank for International Cooperation. The remaining 15 per cent will come from EVN.



Support ASEAN news

Investvine has been a consistent voice in ASEAN news for more than a decade. From breaking news to exclusive interviews with key ASEAN leaders, we have brought you factual and engaging reports – the stories that matter, free of charge.

Like many news organisations, we are striving to survive in an age of reduced advertising and biased journalism. Our mission is to rise above today’s challenges and chart tomorrow’s world with clear, dependable reporting.

Support us now with a donation of your choosing. Your contribution will help us shine a light on important ASEAN stories, reach more people and lift the manifold voices of this dynamic, influential region.

$
Personal Info

Donation Total: $10.00

 

 

State-owned Electricity of Vietnam, or EVN, has awarded a $1.5 billion contract to a consortium of South Korea's Doosan Corp. and Japan's Mitsubishi Corp., together with two local firms, to build a coal-fired power plant in southern Vietnam. Construction of the 1,200-megawatt Vinh Tan 4 plant in Binh Thuan province will begin in the first quarter of 2014 and is scheduled for completion by the end of 2017, EVN said in a statement on December 23. The consortium will be responsible for designing, purchasing equipment and building the plant 250 kilometers north of Ho Chi Minh City, which will use...

coalState-owned Electricity of Vietnam, or EVN, has awarded a $1.5 billion contract to a consortium of South Korea’s Doosan Corp. and Japan’s Mitsubishi Corp., together with two local firms, to build a coal-fired power plant in southern Vietnam.

Construction of the 1,200-megawatt Vinh Tan 4 plant in Binh Thuan province will begin in the first quarter of 2014 and is scheduled for completion by the end of 2017, EVN said in a statement on December 23. The consortium will be responsible for designing, purchasing equipment and building the plant 250 kilometers north of Ho Chi Minh City, which will use imported coal, EVN said.

It added that 85 per cent of construction costs will be funded by loans from Korea Eximbank, Korea Trade Insurance Corp. and the Japan Bank for International Cooperation. The remaining 15 per cent will come from EVN.



Support ASEAN news

Investvine has been a consistent voice in ASEAN news for more than a decade. From breaking news to exclusive interviews with key ASEAN leaders, we have brought you factual and engaging reports – the stories that matter, free of charge.

Like many news organisations, we are striving to survive in an age of reduced advertising and biased journalism. Our mission is to rise above today’s challenges and chart tomorrow’s world with clear, dependable reporting.

Support us now with a donation of your choosing. Your contribution will help us shine a light on important ASEAN stories, reach more people and lift the manifold voices of this dynamic, influential region.

$
Personal Info

Donation Total: $10.00

 

 

NO COMMENTS

Leave a Reply