Samsung wins $770 million deal in Malaysia

gas plant SamsungSamsung Engineering Co., one of South Korea’s largest industrial plant builders, said on December 5 it has obtained a $770 million order for a natural gas processing plant in northeastern Malaysia.

The order was jointly placed by Petronas Carigali (PCSB), a unit of Malaysia’s state-run oil company Petronas, and Hess Corp., a US energy company, Samsung Engineering said in a release.

The gas pretreatment facility will be constructed in Kerteh Complex, Terengganu, 260 kilometers northeast of the capital Kuala Lumpur. The plant, which will eliminate impurities such as carbon dioxide and hydrogen sulfide from natural gas extracted offshore, will be equipped to process up to 700 million cubic feet per day.

Samsung Engineering received the Letter of Award for the project in September. The contract, which covers engineering, procurement, construction, and commissioning, is expected to be completed in June 2016.

“It was the trust built upon the positive project outcomes and affluent experience in gas plant industry that led to the awarding of the contract. We will enhance the partnership with the client by successfully completing the project, and strengthen our position in the Southeast Asian market,” Samsung Engineering’s CEO Park Choong-Heum said in the release.

PCSB holds 75 per cent interest in the project, with the remaining 25 per cent held by Hess Corp.’s unit Hess Exploration and Production Malaysia.



Support ASEAN news

Investvine has been a consistent voice in ASEAN news for more than a decade. From breaking news to exclusive interviews with key ASEAN leaders, we have brought you factual and engaging reports – the stories that matter, free of charge.

Like many news organisations, we are striving to survive in an age of reduced advertising and biased journalism. Our mission is to rise above today’s challenges and chart tomorrow’s world with clear, dependable reporting.

Support us now with a donation of your choosing. Your contribution will help us shine a light on important ASEAN stories, reach more people and lift the manifold voices of this dynamic, influential region.

$
Personal Info

Donation Total: $10.00

 

 

Samsung Engineering Co., one of South Korea's largest industrial plant builders, said on December 5 it has obtained a $770 million order for a natural gas processing plant in northeastern Malaysia. The order was jointly placed by Petronas Carigali (PCSB), a unit of Malaysia's state-run oil company Petronas, and Hess Corp., a US energy company, Samsung Engineering said in a release. The gas pretreatment facility will be constructed in Kerteh Complex, Terengganu, 260 kilometers northeast of the capital Kuala Lumpur. The plant, which will eliminate impurities such as carbon dioxide and hydrogen sulfide from natural gas extracted offshore, will be...

gas plant SamsungSamsung Engineering Co., one of South Korea’s largest industrial plant builders, said on December 5 it has obtained a $770 million order for a natural gas processing plant in northeastern Malaysia.

The order was jointly placed by Petronas Carigali (PCSB), a unit of Malaysia’s state-run oil company Petronas, and Hess Corp., a US energy company, Samsung Engineering said in a release.

The gas pretreatment facility will be constructed in Kerteh Complex, Terengganu, 260 kilometers northeast of the capital Kuala Lumpur. The plant, which will eliminate impurities such as carbon dioxide and hydrogen sulfide from natural gas extracted offshore, will be equipped to process up to 700 million cubic feet per day.

Samsung Engineering received the Letter of Award for the project in September. The contract, which covers engineering, procurement, construction, and commissioning, is expected to be completed in June 2016.

“It was the trust built upon the positive project outcomes and affluent experience in gas plant industry that led to the awarding of the contract. We will enhance the partnership with the client by successfully completing the project, and strengthen our position in the Southeast Asian market,” Samsung Engineering’s CEO Park Choong-Heum said in the release.

PCSB holds 75 per cent interest in the project, with the remaining 25 per cent held by Hess Corp.’s unit Hess Exploration and Production Malaysia.



Support ASEAN news

Investvine has been a consistent voice in ASEAN news for more than a decade. From breaking news to exclusive interviews with key ASEAN leaders, we have brought you factual and engaging reports – the stories that matter, free of charge.

Like many news organisations, we are striving to survive in an age of reduced advertising and biased journalism. Our mission is to rise above today’s challenges and chart tomorrow’s world with clear, dependable reporting.

Support us now with a donation of your choosing. Your contribution will help us shine a light on important ASEAN stories, reach more people and lift the manifold voices of this dynamic, influential region.

$
Personal Info

Donation Total: $10.00

 

 

NO COMMENTS

Leave a Reply