US company to resume MH370 search, promises “no find, no fee”

Duterte clashes with Jeepney drivers, but “open for dialogue”The Malaysian government has chosen US-based maritime company Ocean Infinity to begin a new search for the missing plane of Malaysia Airlines flight MH370 and is now negotiating the terms of the deal. The specialist seabed exploration company had offered to look for the Boeing 777 aircraft on a “no-find, no-fee” basis.

Advice sent on October 19 to MH370 families states that the MH370 team “received several proposals from interested parties to search for MH370. This includes an offer by a company known as Ocean Infinity on a No Cure No Pay basis.”

It added that “the offer has been thoroughly assessed by the team and the governments of Australia and China have been informed of this in line with the spirit of tripartite cooperation. In this regard, the government of Malaysia has given the permission for the response team to proceed negotiating the terms and conditions with Ocean Infinity.”

The US company, as well as Dutch firm Fugro, which both had been involved in the original search, and an unidentified Malaysian company had put forward proposals to relaunch the hunt.

Ocean Infinity said in a statement that “good progress has been made” in negotiating the final contract and claimed it had the world’s largest and most advanced commercial fleet of underwater vehicles for conducting searches.

“We remain optimistic that we will be able to try and help provide some answers to those who have been affected by this tragedy,” a spokesman said.



Support ASEAN news

Investvine has been a consistent voice in ASEAN news for more than a decade. From breaking news to exclusive interviews with key ASEAN leaders, we have brought you factual and engaging reports – the stories that matter, free of charge.

Like many news organisations, we are striving to survive in an age of reduced advertising and biased journalism. Our mission is to rise above today’s challenges and chart tomorrow’s world with clear, dependable reporting.

Support us now with a donation of your choosing. Your contribution will help us shine a light on important ASEAN stories, reach more people and lift the manifold voices of this dynamic, influential region.

$
Personal Info

Donation Total: $10.00

 

 

The Malaysian government has chosen US-based maritime company Ocean Infinity to begin a new search for the missing plane of Malaysia Airlines flight MH370 and is now negotiating the terms of the deal. The specialist seabed exploration company had offered to look for the Boeing 777 aircraft on a “no-find, no-fee” basis. Advice sent on October 19 to MH370 families states that the MH370 team "received several proposals from interested parties to search for MH370. This includes an offer by a company known as Ocean Infinity on a No Cure No Pay basis." It added that "the offer has been...

Duterte clashes with Jeepney drivers, but “open for dialogue”The Malaysian government has chosen US-based maritime company Ocean Infinity to begin a new search for the missing plane of Malaysia Airlines flight MH370 and is now negotiating the terms of the deal. The specialist seabed exploration company had offered to look for the Boeing 777 aircraft on a “no-find, no-fee” basis.

Advice sent on October 19 to MH370 families states that the MH370 team “received several proposals from interested parties to search for MH370. This includes an offer by a company known as Ocean Infinity on a No Cure No Pay basis.”

It added that “the offer has been thoroughly assessed by the team and the governments of Australia and China have been informed of this in line with the spirit of tripartite cooperation. In this regard, the government of Malaysia has given the permission for the response team to proceed negotiating the terms and conditions with Ocean Infinity.”

The US company, as well as Dutch firm Fugro, which both had been involved in the original search, and an unidentified Malaysian company had put forward proposals to relaunch the hunt.

Ocean Infinity said in a statement that “good progress has been made” in negotiating the final contract and claimed it had the world’s largest and most advanced commercial fleet of underwater vehicles for conducting searches.

“We remain optimistic that we will be able to try and help provide some answers to those who have been affected by this tragedy,” a spokesman said.



Support ASEAN news

Investvine has been a consistent voice in ASEAN news for more than a decade. From breaking news to exclusive interviews with key ASEAN leaders, we have brought you factual and engaging reports – the stories that matter, free of charge.

Like many news organisations, we are striving to survive in an age of reduced advertising and biased journalism. Our mission is to rise above today’s challenges and chart tomorrow’s world with clear, dependable reporting.

Support us now with a donation of your choosing. Your contribution will help us shine a light on important ASEAN stories, reach more people and lift the manifold voices of this dynamic, influential region.

$
Personal Info

Donation Total: $10.00

 

 

NO COMMENTS

Leave a Reply